Summary of Position
The Development Coordinator assists in generating financial resources to support programs and services to further the mission of St. Andrew’s Charitable Foundation: To improve the quality of for seniors in need through reliable and compassionate care. The Development Coordinator provides event coordination, grant support, marketing support, confidential administrative support, database management preferably Raisers Edge, financial reporting, and support to charitable programs and activities.
- Coordinate planning and execution of all special events.
- Provide support with cultivation events.
- Manage events budgets that maximize net revenue.
- Provide accountability reports and areas of need to the Chief Development Officer.
- Solicit in-kind donations and sponsorships.
- Design event materials such as invitations, programs, brochures, social media, websites, etc.
Database | Stewardship
- Manage data entry of charitable donations; and prepare all acknowledgment letters in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate database of donors and constituents.
- Responsible for all financial reporting.
- Process all invoices and credit card expenses for the foundation in coordination with finance.
- Responsible for continued training on the database.
- Coordinate all mailing lists for appeals, newsletters, invitations, etc.
- Manage data entry and synthesis of charitable program client demographic information and services provided using common KPIs to measure the growth of the charitable programs to strategically increase grant funding.
- Prepare information for grant applications and reporting.
- Coordinate with the team to get information for grant applications and reporting.
- Research prospective grantors using the Foundation Directory database.
- Maintain the grants calendar and support the CDO in submitting grant applications and reports by the predetermined deadlines.
- Responsible for writing a portion of the grant LOIs and applications.
- Support CDO in preparing quarterly Board meeting materials including but not limited to the quarterly financials, updates on charitable programming, and reporting donations.
- Coordinate meetings and develop relationships with Board members.
- Prepare official Board meeting notes for Board Treasurer.
- Design and prepare marketing materials for events and campaigns such as invitations, sponsor forms, programs, social media, press releases, and website pages.
- Maintain agency website and social media networks.
- Manage the Neighborhood Assistance Program (NAP) Tax Credit marketing plan.
- Prepare and distribute all email blast communications.
- Assist Chief Development Officer in coordinating meetings, and keeping the office calendar up to date.
- Promote customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement to ensure desired outcomes.
Promote own professional growth through ongoing education and training.
Comply with all St. Andrew’s policies and procedures such as safety and corporate compliance.
- Process NAP Tax Credit applications and track the STACF process for the state audit.
- Create a Standard of Procedure (SOP) manual for all duties.
Education, Certifications, and Licenses Necessary:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-4 years of work experience, in a development office.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to coordinate, prioritize, and execute multiple activities.
- Experience in special event planning, project coordination, and donor prospect cultivation.
- Must value and demonstrate exceptional attention to detail with excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to direct and supervise volunteers.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and a donor database preferably Raisers Edge.
- Strong ability to learn new skills efficiently.
- Must have transportation for activities in the St. Louis region.
- Ability to work both independently and harmoniously with other staff members, willing to assist others when necessary, and have a sense of humor.
- A high level of integrity, warmth, and confidence; a positive outlook; a strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to Janet Leigh at email@example.com – no phone calls, please.