If you have a heartfelt approach to caring for the elderly, come join our team of compassionate caregivers at St Andrew’s at Francis Place where each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to safely provide the highest quality services possible.
We are located in Eureka, Mo just 10 minutes from Highway 270 or 15 minutes from Highway 40 in West St Louis County.
The Cook/Server is responsible for delivering services provided by the Dietary Department. Under the direction of the Dietary Director, direct and participate in food preparation, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that quality, temperature, and food appearance are preserved.
We have evening hours 11 am-7:30 pm Cook position. Shift differential will be applied.
Help with the management of all aspects of food service and supply management including, securing items in time for food prep, ensuring leftovers are stored, then used, and inventories maintained.
Cook will keep the assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition and be familiar with and comply with all state and local health department practices, safety practices, and infection control practices.
Previous Cook experience in all stations of kitchen-related operations preferred
- Food preparation skills adequate to prepare the required menu cycles
- Knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling standards
- Ability to communicate and read recipes, and production charts, and complete required documentation on shift
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work within time requirements
- Strong customer service attitude/presentation
- Caring and compassionate toward others
- Interest in and previous experience with older adults preferred