Summary of Position
To coordinate efforts with appropriate personnel to meet the health care needs of Independent Living residents. To provide social service assessment, counseling, and liaison with outside entities in order to assist residents in attaining or maintaining their highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being.
- Understand the importance of customer service and be willing to learn resident/relative satisfaction techniques.
- Set up Safety Environmental Assessments for each new resident within 30 days of admission.
- Provide tips and resources to enhance each resident’s Six Dimensions of Wellness.
- Keep in touch with all Private Duty agencies and obtain Exhibit A Forms in accordance with Corporate Compliance guidelines.
- Document all interaction with resident and/or family.
- Complete “File of Life” for all new residents and update as needed.
- Coordinate with Life Enrichment Department to meet socialization needs of the resident.
- Organize community events related to resident’s needs and interest.
- Counsel residents and families in dealing with feelings about death or dying and other emotional, environmental, mental or physical limitations.
- Plan, schedule, and implement room visits and in-room activities for residents unable to leave their room.
- Explain resident’s rights and resident’s representatives.
- Will be Liaison with PPG podiatrist to schedule appointments for the residents.
- Coordinate family and community resources as needed to solve financial needs and to promote emotional security. Assist residents and families with transitions to higher level of care.
- Assume responsibility for referral of residents to social, health and community agencies and ensure documentation in the resident’s record concerning the results of such referrals.
- Communicate with the staff, families, and residents during hospitalizations.
- Arrange for weekly Blood Pressure Clinics and monthly Social Worker clinics with Senior Solutions.
- Purchase supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner.
- Take part in in-service education and attend all in-service sessions relating to tasks needed to be successful in job.
- Meet with Eden consultant monthly to ensure following our Eden Journey and encompassing the principles.
- Participate in committee meetings and function on committees as assigned.
- Direct implementation of and observe all facility safety policies and procedures.
- Direct implementation of and observe infection control procedures.
- Direct implementation of and observe facility disaster preparedness procedures.
- Direct implementation of and observe Resident’s Rights policies and ensure that resident confidentiality is maintained.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assume responsibility of The Sarah Community Gift Shop, purchasing supplies and coordinating with volunteers as needed.
- Arrange flu shot clinic for Naomi House residents.
- Create and establish various programs to meet resident needs and enhance independence, such as the Intergenerational Living Program.
- Maintain detailed records of residents who are vaccinated for the flu and COVID-19.
- Update resident Vitals Statistics Forms on an annual basis, making changes in Point Click Care as needed.
- Maintain detailed records of resident renter’s insurance policies, providing resources to residents who are required to obtain such insurance.
- Manage and update laundry times on each floor of Naomi House on a monthly basis.
Certifications, Necessary Licenses
Must have an Associate’s Degree in Human Services work or at least two years of social work experience in a health care setting. Must have the ability to be pleasant, cheerful, tactful, and courteous when dealing with residents and their families. Must be able to perform the physical and environmental requirements listed on attached sheet.
There are no unusual environmental considerations for this position.
Occupational exposure is reasonably anticipated skin, eye, mucous membrane, non-intact skin, or parenteral contact with blood or other body fluid or tissue which contains body fluid that may result from the performance of an employee’s duties. The duties of this position entail category III occupational exposure. This means that the regular duties of this position do not involve exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Hand washing, however, is still recommended as a precautionary measure.